DUCOAT 100 conforms to the requirement of ASTM D 1187 and other relevant International Standards.
QUALITY ASSURANCE AND WARRANTY
Duproof is ISO 9001 Quality Assured Company and DUCOAT 100 carries a material warranty against any manufacturing
• Damp proofing and protective coating for most building construction materials such as concrete, asphalt, cement
and modified bitumen sheet membranes.
• Protective layer for concrete foundations, vertical walls and columns as well as to prevent corrosion on pipes and
other various types of surfaces.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
1. All substrate must be clean, free from dirt, dust, soil, grease, oil and other loose particles. Substrates that are
very dry should be applied with a penetrative coating of DUPRIME E. If the concrete is very dry dampen first
2. Stir the emulsion thoroughly if stored for a long time.
Application System on Porous substrate (Concrete Structure)
1. Prime the surface with water based primer DUPRIME E and allow the primer to dry completely (6-8
2. Apply a minimum 2 coat by brush or spray equipment.
3. The second coat is applied when the first coat has completely dried.
4. Apply each coat at a right angle to the previous coat to achieve good coverage and uniformity.
5. A third coat is required for very porous substrate.
6. Drying time is 1-4 hours under normal conditions. Under damp and cold conditions it is recommended to allow 6
hours between successive coats.
Application System on Metal Structures
1. Clean the substrate by removing rust, scale and dirt using wire brush. Wipe off traces of oil and grease with a
2. Prime the surface with water based primer DUPRIME E and allow the primer to dry completely (6-8 hours).
3. Apply a minimum 2 coat by brush or spray equipment.
4. The second coat is applied when the first coat has completely dried.
5. Drying time is 1-4 hours under normal conditions. Under damp and cold conditions it is recommended to allow 6
hours between successive coats.
Emulsified Bitumen is recommended to be applied at temperatures below 5°C.
PACKING AND STORAGE
DUCOAT 100 is available in 20 liter pails and 200 liter drums, palletized and strapped. Store at temperature between
5°C and 50°C in a tightly sealed container. Shelf life is minimum of 1 year in a good storage protected from direct
sunlight and frost.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
There is no health hazards associated with DUCOAT 100, wash with copious amount of water if spilled on the skin.
|Solid Contents||%||50 ± 5||ASTM D 2939|
|Density||Kg/L||0.95 – 1.00|
|Appearance||–||Dark brown liquid forms into black, coating upon drying||–|
|Heat Resistance||–||Cured film is non-flowing and non-sagging under service conditions||ASTM D 2939|
|Service temperature||°C||0 °C to +50C||–|
|Chemical and water resistance||–||Resistant to water, salt, dilute acids and alkalis||ASTM D 2939|
|Coverage||Kg/m2||0.6 to 0.9 Kg/m2/Coat-Depending on the substrate||–|
|Drying time||hrs||1.0 – 4.0||–|
|pH||–||10 – 12||–|
CLEANING OF TOOLS
The brush and spray equipment is cleaned using soap and water immediately after use. Place tools in water during breaks to prevent caking up of the bristles.
Note: These data are correct at the time of printing but may be changed without any prior notice subject to client’s requirements availability of raw materials or other conditions. This data sheet supersedes all previous publications pertaining to this product. All reasonable care has been taken in preparing this document, which to the beat of our knowledge is accurate and true. Recommendations and suggestions are made in good faith and should only be considered for general guidance. No liability is assumed or taken by us in relation to the application, as usage conditions and any labour involved is beyond our control.