DUFLEX is tested as per the requirement of BS 1881, BS 6920 and other relevant International Standards.
QUALITY ASSURANCE AND WARRANTY
Duproof is ISO 9001 Quality Assured Company, and DUFLEX carries a material warranty against any manufacturing defects.
DUFLEX is used for
- Interior and exterior waterproofing of cement supports and masonry.
- Swimming pools, inverted roofs, spillways, galleries, lift and inspection pits.
- Concrete foundations basements, footings, retaining walls, bridge abutments.
- Building exteriors, façade and wet areas.
- Waterproof cisterns, tunnels and reservoirs.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All substrate must be clean and free from dirt, dust, soil, grease, oil and other loose particles. Any cracks and potholes shall be repaired. Substrates that are very dry should be pre saturated with water. However, any standing water shall be removed prior to application.
Pour the liquid into suitable clean container and slowly add the powder to the liquid while stirring with mechanical mixer. Mix the product using a low speed mechanical stirrer until the product is perfectly smooth and homogeneous.
- Using a trowel or brush spread the product onto the substrate in maximum layers if 2mm per coat.
- Apply a minimum of 2 coats to provide minimum thickness of 2mm.
- The second coat is applied when the first coat has hardened (about 6-8 hours).
- In areas with hairline cracks or subject to heavy stresses, it is advisable to insert a square mesh (e.g. 4x4mm) fiber glass or synthetic-fiber net into the product.
- The Product must be applied within 45 minutes of mixing at +25?c.
- After application, in particularly dry, warm, or windy weather, it is advisable to protect the surface from rapid water evaporation.
- Do not apply Duflex, more than 2mm per coat.
- Do not apply Duflex, when ambient temperature is lower than 5?c
- Do not add cement, aggregates or water to Product.
PACKING AND STORAGE
DUFLEXis available as a kit of 15kg powder + 5kg liquid. Keep the materials out of sun light and in dry conditions. Shelf life is up to 12 months in a good storage protected from direct sunlight and frost.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Protective clothing such as gloves and goggles should be worn. Treat any splashes to the skin or eyes with fresh water immediately. Provide adequate ventilation in working place to avoid inhalation of dust.
|Density||g/CC||1.4 ± .02||ASTM D 70|
|Appearance||–||Fine grey (or off white) powder||In house|
|Hydrostatic pressure @5bar (50m)||–||No leakage||BS EN 12390|
|Compressive strength||N/mm²||50 (after 28 days)||ASTM C 109|
|Flexural strength||N/mm²||13 (after 28 days)||ASTM C 348|
|Working Time||minutes||45 (at 25?c)||–|
|Coverage||Kg/m2||1.25 – 1.35 per coat of 1mm thickness||–|
|Drying time||hrs||6.0 – 8.0||–|
|Adhesion to concrete||N/mm²||>1.1||ASTM D 4541|
Tolerance based on testing standard
CLEANING OF TOOLS
The brush and trowel is cleaned using soap and water immediately after use. Place tools in water during breaks to prevent caking up of the bristles. Hardened materials can be removed mechanically only. These data are correct at the time of printing but may be changed without any prior notice subject to client’s requirements availability of raw materials or other conditions. This data sheet supersedes all previous publications pertaining to this product. All reasonable care has been taken in preparing this document, which to the best of our knowledge is accurate and true. Recommendations and suggestions are made in good faith and should only be considered for general guidance. No liability is assumed or taken by us in relation to the application, as usage conditions and any labor involved are beyond our control.