- Excellent mechanical properties: High resistance to tensile stress, tear and puncture.
- Excellent elongation and recovery characteristics: good movement accommodation and self-sealing to minor puncture and cuts.
- High resistance to hydraulic pressure: impermeable to water with low vapor transmission and water absorption values.
- Wide temperature tolerances: stable in tropical climates and flexible at lower temperatures
- High environmental resistance: Withstands the effect of salts and other corrosive agents in soil and air.
- Ease of application: Cold applied, with excellent adhesion to the primed horizontal and vertical surfaces in foundations, walls and floors.
DUSEAL FP membranes are tested to ASTM, UEAtc and other relevant international standards.
TYPE AND FINISH
|Nominal weight||Kg / m2||1.7||1.8||2.0||2.2|
|Dimensions (length x width)||m||15 x 1|
|Top Surface||—————-||Special polymeric foil (F)|
|Type of Carrier||g/m2||100 (Spun bond Non-woven Polyester)|
|Bottom Surface||—————-||Siliconized removable paper / foil|
To order specify reinforcement and thickness e.g. DUSEAL FP100 1.5 mm for 100 g/m2 polyester reinforcement and
1.5 mm thick self-adhesive sheet membrane.
DUSEAL FP membranes are used in single layer or double layer applications for damp proofing and waterproofing works in building and civil engineering projects, such as
- Substructure waterproofing to foundations, footings, retaining walls, bridges, tunnels, manholes and chambers etc.
- External surfaces of underground water tanks, pools, fountains, etc.
- Floors of wet rooms in buildings, commercial and industrial complexes, etc.
- Under roof shingles in pitched roofs tiles in balconies, terraces, etc.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Surfaces onto which the membrane is to be applied must sound, clean and dry. Dust, loose material and protrusions must be removed and cracks, holes etc made good.
Priming: Apply one coat of DUPRIME solvent based bituminous primer to all surfaces at 5-6 m2/lit and allow to dry. Primed surfaces must be covered within the same day. If left exposed for longer periods, clean and re-prime before applying the membrane
Membrane Application: Position, measure and cut the membrane carefully as required before installation. Starting from one end, remove the release film and unroll the membrane, pressing firmly by hand and/or roller from the top to ensure full bond with no air pockets. Maintain a minimum of 80mm side laps and 150mm end laps between rolls and stagger the joints where possible. Press and roll laps from top to ensure a continuous seal.
Protection: Once laid, the membrane must be protected from long-term exposure, construction abuse and backfill, preferably within 24 hours. On vertical areas Duproof DUBOARD protection boards is recommended; on horizontal surfaces a minimum 25 mm thick sand-cement screed may be used. Contact the technical department of your local distributor for advice.
PACKING AND STORAGE
DUSEAL FP membranes are supplied in rolls 1m x 15m shrink wrapped on pallets. Keep rolls upright on pallets under shade. DUSEAL FP pallets should not be stacked one over the other.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
There are no direct health hazards associated with DUSEAL membranes. Normal precautions for hot and volatile substances should be observed during application. Refer to our MSDS sheets for advice.
|Softening point||[o C]||ASTM D 36||110|
|Flexibility at low temperature||[o C]||DIN 52123||–15 to –20|
|Heat resistance, @90oC @ 2 hrs||[o C]||UEAtc||No flow|
|Elongation (L/T) Compound||(%)||ASTM D 412||>1000|
|Tensile Strength (L/T)||[N/5 cm]||UEAtc||300/250|
|Elongation (L/T) Compound||[%]||ASTM D412||>1000|
In accordance with the standard up to 20% variation is expected
Note: Tolerances on nominal values shown are as per UEAtc directives for polymer modified bitumen membranes. These data are correct at the time of printing but may be changed without any prior notice subject to clients Requirements availability of raw materials or other conditions. This data sheet supersedes all previous Publications pertaining to this product. All reasonable care has been taken in preparing this document, which to the best of our knowledge is accurate and true. Recommendations and suggestions are made in good faith and should only be considered for general guidance. No liability is assumed or taken by us in relation to the application, as usage conditions and any labour involved are beyond our control.